Company: Cedar Fair
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: May 1, 2021
-- Oversee and direct the performance of the Carpenter shop
including; skilled trade duties in cabinet, carpentry, concrete,
and asphalt work, repair and construction of Park, restaurant and
office buildings and equipment. Use and teach the safe and proper
use of fixed and portable power tools and heavy equipment normally
associated with the trade. Reads blueprints, sketches, and building
plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such
as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to
- Oversee shop personnel in following blueprints and instructions
supplied, ensuring finished product matches specifications.
- Preparing the layout of the project. Estimating height, width,
length, and other proportions. Selecting and purchasing
- Coordinating daily personnel keeping projects on schedule and
providing necessary help and troubleshooting of problems.Daily
- Daily: Assign shop personnel assignments as needed to meet
company priorities and deadlines. Follow up on projects--and report
variations to department manager for the following;--Working with
materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilizing chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair
and erect structures.
- Joining materials with nails, screws, staples, or
- Work on top of scaffolding, ladders, and the top beams of
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and
- Proper use of levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and
surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Working with and assembly of prefabricated buildings.
- Building stairs, mantles, and furniture.
- Installing cabinets and molding.
- Remodeling offices and structures.
- --Creating structures for pouring concrete.
- Erecting scaffolding.
- Build trench bracing.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Repair or build furniture.
- --Install partitions, doors, and windows.
- Move and install machineryOpening
- ----Scheduling and coordinating shop personnel for conducting
opening and safety inspections of rides, bridges, structures--and
buildings. Complete needed work or repairs to ensure such is ready
for guest use during operating hours.----Operational
- Coordinate the repair or replacement of roofs, ceilings, walls,
paneling, doors, windows, floors, trim, and other
building--components as required to properly maintain multiple
buildings of various ages throughout a large multibuilding
- Installs, repairs and maintains midways (concrete & asphalt),
buildings, fixtures, fences, gates, and other structures.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including nitiating
guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- --Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety
--guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual
conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.--
- At least five year's experience with roofing, siding, or
general carpentry in a construction or maintenance setting.
- Extensive knowledge of carpentry and project estimation.
Experienced in using and teaching-- the safe and effective use of
common hand tools such as hammers, saws, levels, squares, chalk
lines, hand held power tools such as nail guns, circular saws,
reciprocating saws, drills, belt sanders, etc.
- Ability to safely and effectively use and teach shop personnel
stationary woodworking equipment such as table saws, band saws,
planers, spindle sanders, radial arm saws, etc.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret blue prints,
schematics, written instructions and drawings to accurately produce
the articles described.
- Must be able to create an anticipated project schedule
(critical path) in advance of project commencement, adjust schedule
as ----needed based on production realities. Advise subcontractors
of proposed schedule. Verify and confirm material lead times
and--purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule.
- Maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety
equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities
assigned by the Department Manager.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Certifications: Driver's License
Keywords: Cedar Fair, Buena Park , Carpenter Lead, Professions , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!