Senior Support Technician
Company: Orora Packaging Solutions
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The technician is primarily responsible for analyzing, problem
solving, testing, modifying, creating and developing enhancements
to the enterprise OPS infrastructure. This position must specialize
int Windows and Macintosh support, online cloud service support,
desktop imaging, mobile devices, and audiovisual technologies.
This position contributes tot the continued operation and
development of the OPS's Information Technologies (IT) department
including physical/virtual server, hardware deployment, software
installation, architectural design, systems analysis, enhancement
design, purchase recommendations and research, capacity planning,
performance analysis, monitoring, documentation, and reporting.
This role focuses on providing support for the front-end delivery
of technical solutions to our CoWorkers. In this role you are
responsible for resolving end-user issues on their computing
equipment and applications. Key responsibilities include installing
hardware and software systems, maintaining or repairing equipment,
troubleshooting a variety of computer issues, setting up computer
security measures, configuring computer networks, offering
technical support for on-site or via phone or email
This role requires high skill and proficiency in the theoretical
and practical application of specific computer systems and
analysis, including the deployment and enhancements to customized
software engineering tools and scripts.
Type of Work
- Performs all tasks with customer-centric focus. Consults with
users to determine hardware, software, or system functional
specifications and improvements
- Engaged in design, development, documentation, analysis,
creation, testing, or modification of computer systems or programs
based on and related to, user or system design specifications
- Analyzing and weighing individual customer (internal and
external) needs with the overall needs of the business 100% of the
- Engage in work that requires significant discretion and
- Partners with other team members in analyzing software and
hardware requirements and developing action plans for accomplishing
and implementing company goals through appropriate technical
solutions at least 40% of the time.
- Own and develop the operational processes, policies and
infrastructure documentation to allow repeatability & awareness of
the maintenance of infrastructure services & systems 5% of the
- Monitors and maintains existing systems, performing performance
analysis, upgrade, patches, and necessary operations at least 10%
of the time.
- Collaborate with users to identify, develop and enhance
computer systems and specifications.
- Partners with application developers to determine system
compatibility and enhance usage.
- Problem-solving with escalated tickets and issues from other
teams at least 70% of the time.
- Develop, design and implement division requests for new
construction at division locations with the advisement of the
business and other infrastructure team members at least 15% of the
The following experience is required for this position:
3-5 Years of Experience in the following areas is necessary for
Mobile Device Setup
Capabilities and Availability
- Position may require travel between various OPS divisions
- Position may require participating in meetings outside of
normal business hours including occasional evenings and/or
- Position requires being available after hours.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Position may require mentorship of other infrastructure
- Senior level of position may have temporary supervision of
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
other related field, or equivalent work experience a plus.
- Must have a minimum number of years of demonstrated education,
training and experience in the technical domains as described.
- Technical certifications in listed areas a plus such as:
- A+ Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; excellent
attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as
root cause analysis to resolve issues
- This position requires the ability to demonstrate the following
- Problem solving and judgment
- Leadership in your role
- Manage execution of roles and responsibilities
- Follow through & thoroughness
- Time management
Physical Demand & Work Environment
- Please refer to the Orora Packaging Solutions Job Analysis
Keywords: Orora Packaging Solutions, Buena Park , Senior Support Technician, Professions , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!