Store Protection Specialist
Company: Ross Stores, Inc
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
This position provides a visible presence at the Store
entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe
and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist
makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent,
courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by
demonstrating "command" presence in a Company issued vest/required
black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy.
Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft
indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store
Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and
minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values
and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
Maintaining Safe & Secure Environment:
* Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices
safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership
in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates
* Provides visible "command" presence, including prominent
greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales
floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring
for potential safety issues.
* Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships:
* Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting
Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a
friendly and courteous manner.
* Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
* Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
* Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May
include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating
Associates, providing recognition, etc.
* Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention
Personal and Store Brand
* Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
* Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
Mitigating Theft & Fraud:
* Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential
theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
* Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external
intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to
Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
* Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
* Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by
minimizing steps and touches while working.
Minimizing Operational Shortage:
* Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize
operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage
* Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers
* Manages Work Processes
* Business Acumen
* Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
* Builds Talent
* Leading by Example
* Communicates Effectively
* Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School education or equivalent required, AA degree
* One year retail supervisor experience or similar training
* One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
* Active Security Guard License preferred
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the
* Excellent Customer service skills.
* Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
* Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws
and regulations for security positions, including but not limited
to, additional background screening, physical examination,
fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing.
* Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
* Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from
one level to another (includes upward pulling).
* Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and
duration will vary per daily business need).
* Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc, Buena Park , Store Protection Specialist, Other , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!