Company: Knott's Berry Farm
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Designs, assembles, paints, and installs signs and art work using
freehand techniques, stencils, image creating/editing software, and
silk screening methods. This is accomplished on a variety of
surfaces and materials applying large and small vinyl cut graphics,
wood fabrication, poster board materials and related materials.
Combining free hand art and technology to create visually
communicative designs for building aesthetics, signs, gold leaf
application, billboards, banners, menus, rides, and vehicles.
Painting and sketching may be used in creating designs.
How You'll Make A Difference:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy
regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related
aesthetic concepts.Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough
layout for approval.
- Creates and applies signs, banners, menus, posters, building or
vehicle graphics, with specified material.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops;
reviewing professional publications; participating in professional
societies, or attending trade shows.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We're Looking For:
Education2 - Year Certificate Graphic Design
Experience2 - 4 Years Related Experience in Graphic Art - Sign
Minimum AgeAt Least 18 Years of Age
- Two years experience of Graphic Art and sign painting.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret written instructions,
drawings and procedures to produce the articles as described.
- Ability to safely and proficiently use stationary and portable
power tools commonly used in the trade.
- Familiarity with the safe and effective use of common hand
tools such as hammers, saws, levels, squares, utility knives,
- Gathers adequate supplies, tools, and materials to complete the
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to ensure paint, stencils and/or
chosen materials will adhere properly
- Operate computers and computerized sign making equipment to
layout lettering for artwork, menus, building signs, banners,
posters, and traffic signs.
- Paint assignments involving the use of free hand or measuring
devices to paint letters, numbers and/or symbols and to apply vinyl
graphics or free hand art on buildings, signs and company
- Create stencils for silk screening work by designing and
spacing lettering styles and patterns to reproduce designs and
shapes for applications to buildings, signs and banners.
- Maintains vinyl printers for artwork
- Operate heat and pressure sensitive applicator equipment to
apply and compress reflective sheeting.
- Apply vinyl graphics onto various surfaces including, wood,
aluminum, metal sign blanks and banners
- Operate laminating machine for related sign painting projects
- Clean trade equipment and work site after completion of sign
- Prepares work order and activity reports
- Perform art work and painting on large foam presentation
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park , Sign Painter, Other , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!