The Shipping Clerk is responsible for overseeing the Shipping
Department's Clerical team in the accurate and timely execution of
the company's load plan in shipping outbound finished goods
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Execution of company's transportation plan by shipping all
outbound customer orders on-time and with the specified
- Validate order quantities and generate all required shipping
documents and labels.
- Transact all shipping activities within the company's
Transportation Management System.
- Work with loading teams to ensure the accurate loading of all
- Actively communicate all equipment and pickup requirements to
carriers and company's Transportation Department.
- Coordinate all expedited shipping requirements with
Transportation and Customer Service teams.
- Issue Advance Shipping Notifications to all linehaul carriers
and Pool Distribution partner carriers.
- Respond to and resolve any identified in-transit shipment
- Field Transportation and Customer Service e-mails and phone
calls as needed.
- Log critical transactions.
- Maintain performance metrics for the Shipping Department.
- Issue daily shipping reports as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Three or more years of experience in transportation and / or
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and comfort in working in a fast
- Must have excellent organizational, time planning, and
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Forklift experience.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish.
- Requires work in Shipping operation in non-temperature
- May have extended periods of standing / walking
- This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor
exposure during the workday
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines,
and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters
and tape dispensers.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary
depending on the schedule you are assigned, but generally are
Monday through Friday.
- Overtime and weekend work if required
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading
designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office
seating products in North America. The company provides a broad
range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge
seating products that are distributed through independent contract
office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and
IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle
segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating
products in a wide variety of industry and institutional
environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality,
Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered
strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital
structure. The Company's profitable growth has been enabled by its
build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to
consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based
on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's
market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to
action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior
financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company
adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by
federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital
status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related
to job requirements.