This position assists the marketing and communications staff and
Director/VP in administrative functions related to coordinating
marketing and communication initiatives. Assists with the
creation of marketing materials, including copywriting and editing,
logistics support, contributing to social media editorial
schedules, and evaluating marketing and PR opportunities. Assists
guest service inquiries as needed.
This position requires the following education and experience,
or an equivalent combination of both:
Education Experience Minimum Age
Some College 2 4 Years Related Experience At Least 21 Years of
Solid clerical/previous Customer Service. Marketing environment
experience a plus.
PC Knowledge. (Outlook and Microsoft suite) Typing 55wpm with
Strong verbal and written communications skills are
Excellent organizational skills are also needed.
Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older,
which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or
- Directly affects marketing and communication event success
ratio through consistent and timely coordination. Keeps
uptodate regarding event requirements and details. Initiates and
processes collateral and material orders. Ensure all
events processed are completed efficiently and in a professional
- Routinely handles correspondence/mail, telephone coverage, area
memos, qualify incoming calls, conducts training as
needed, maintains office equipment.
- Coordinates the logistics of visiting press and media with
affected areas, keeping department leadership informed of
- Maintains effective system of completed materials to ensure
timeliness of deliveries are met.
- Assists with special projects or assignments directed by
- Assists marketing/communication team and director/VP with
client customer service including press tours, collateral
support, client inquiries, marketing content generation, and
assists in marketing/communication staff travel needs when
- Ensures availability for day of event as required by management
to ensure successful client/guest service and success of
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety
guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual
conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee
Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and
- Other duties may be assigned.