Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Orora Packaging Solutions
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: June 22, 2022
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH US - Orora Packaging Solutions is seeking
a passionate HR Business Partner. In this role, the HR Business
Partner will be a partner to Executives, employees and first time
managers, as a strategist, coach, accountable implementer and
innovator. Ideal candidate is experienced in collaborating with
management to implement team-specific talent strategies, skilled in
building trust and relationships at all levels and bringing
insights about the business and human needs to program design
(facilitate information flow and clarity - to the COEs) so we are
solving the right issues. One will also be highly practiced in
leveraging a Center of Excellence (COE) model to ensure we
collectively create a world class HR function. Role involves
consultative and collaboration while also be willing to roll up
their sleeves, be decisive, quickly establish credibility, and
applies great interpersonal instincts to ensure influence.
Candidate will have proven abilities in leading growth and change,
coaching and developing leaders and employees (at all levels), and
bring a keen analytical mind to HR/talent strategy. Enjoys teamwork
and is committed to ever-increasing self-awareness and personal
development. This position will report to the: VP HR Location:
Hybrid - Buena Park, CA or Tempe, AZTravel Requirement: up to 25 %
of local Travel required (multi-site responsibility) What You'll be
Responsible For This highly visible and critical role is
responsible for understanding the strategic and operational
roadmaps for both Manufacturing divisions (as well as the
overarching Orora business strategy) and will be responsible for
(1) surfacing and addressing client specific needs and (2) bringing
the intended impact of our programs to life, and (3) helping to
create a world class human resources team. This role will work
closely with COE functions such as Talent Acquisition, Talent
Development, etc. and our team of HR Business Partners to help
achieve Orora's vision of being the industry leading packaging
solutions company, delivering on our promise every day.
- Build metrics, analyze trends in partnership with the HR group
to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Partner with Business leaders to develop programs that drive
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and
ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual
executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs
to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are
met. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or a related field. Master's degree in Human Resources preferred
and 7+ years' Human Resources Business Partner experience and/or
- Union environment experience - Bilingual English and
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Workers'
Compensation Law, Labor Laws & Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in employment and safety related local,
state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- PHR, SPHR or Safety certification
- Knowledge of modern strategic Human Resources principles,
methods, and strategies.
- Knowledge of Industrial Health & Safety Regulations, DOT
- Work experience in both union and nonunion environments
- Self-starter with strong employee relations, coaching, change
management, and influencing skills.
- Proven successful implementation of HR and safety
- Excellent computer; HRIS; and Time and Attendance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A hands-on, results-oriented approach to business with a
- Effective communication skills - oral, written,
- Detail oriented with problem solving skills
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability
to work effectively with business and technology leaders
- Possess a 'customer first' attitude; demonstrate passionate
commitment for the customer and product quality This position
requires the ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Mastery
- Integrated Leadership
- People Development
- Change Management
- Intellectual flexibility & technical acumen
Keywords: Orora Packaging Solutions, Buena Park , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!