Company: Knott's Berry Farm
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This position is responsible for the culinary operation of the hot
and cold cook stations as well as banquet food production when
applicable. This must be done while adhereing to the operational,
safety, health and sanitation standards of Knott's Berry Farm
as well as county, state and federal guidelines.
How You'll Make A Difference:
- Properly sets up work station.
- Safely operates all kitchen equipment.
- Conducts final quality check of all items.
- Stocks all non food items as needed (plates, covers, etc.)
- Assists in the cooking, plating and presentation of all items
working closely with service staff to expedite plates to
- Immediately communicates any issues/shortages to Kitchen
Supervisor, Chef and Restaurant Supervisors.
- Assists in the sanitation and break down of kitchen areas at
- Covers, labels, and dates all food items as needed.
- Ensures all equipment has been turned off and cleaned at end of
- Reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Properly prepares all food in accordance of the recipes for
- Ensures that all plate presentations are always the same for
- Takes breaks and meal periods with posted schedule, Knott's
Berry Farm, and California State policies.
- Operates within full compliance of state liquor regulations,
health codes, and sanitation guidelines, as well as, Knott's Berry
Farm related policies and procedures.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of basic cooking principles and procedures.
- Ability to use various knives.
- High School Graduate preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to operate various kitchen equipment.
- Familiarity with health codes, Safe Servem and HAACP
- Ability to use and clean: Spiral Slicer, Buffalo Chopper, Tilt
Skillet, Steam Kettle, Convection Oven, Steamer, Salamander,
- Char Broiler, Flat Top Griddle, Gas Stove Top, Dish Washer,
disposer, Chemical Oasis Tower.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park , Cook 2, Hospitality & Tourism , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!