Courtesy Clerk - Store # 14 PT
Company: Northgate Gonzalez
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: March 19, 2020
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and
since then we have grown to 41 stores in four counties: Los
Angeles, Orange, San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a
full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery,
tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of
domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a
Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people
to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for
enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us.
We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and
fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a
sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you
are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and
want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer
opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family
member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and
flexible schedules. To learn more, please
JOB SUMMARY:To provide satisfactory service and assistance to
customers at the check stand; provide carry out service of
customers' purchases to their vehicles; perform other tasks as
assigned in an efficient manner within company policy; and ensure
that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Observe all store rules and company policies; comply with
safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
and observe company dress regulations.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or
assigned by the store director.
- Bag customer's purchases in accordance with established store
- Provide carry out service
- Sort and return-to-stock items (go-backs) back to their normal
- Perform price check functions.
- Obtain items from shelves to replace exchanges or items that
our customers desire to purchase.
- Assist customers with purchases including carry-out service and
loading into their vehicles.
- Gather shopping carts and take them to designated areas and
- Move empty bottles and containers from the front end to back
- Assist in prompt clean up of spills and breakages of glass or
plastic containers to eliminate potential hazards and prevent
accidents according to company policy.
- Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other maintenance
duties as assigned.
- Keep the front end of the store clean and in good order.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products and assist in controlling
the level of damaged goods.
- Control excessive use of utilities and water and observe sound
- Assist in training personnel when assigned.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous
service or assistance.
- Accurately record in-store use of merchandise in accordance
with company policies.
- Assist in keeping front end displays clean and orderly;
eliminate debris such as discarded receipts or wrapping material
from front end counters and displays.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in
compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations
on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately
advise store manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
customer actions and behavior; report to key person or security any
- Notify department manager of personnel situations or policy
violations affecting store operating performance or of situations
requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- High school education preferred but not absolutely
- (None required)
- Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eight-grade
level in order to assist in sales transactions and to calculate and
extend column totals on in-store supply usage.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order
to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal
requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer
telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the
English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and
understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and
tools; company handbooks, policies and procedures; and other
written job related documents.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being"drug
free" under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug
Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Must have and be able to present a valid work permit if under
the age of 18.
- Be thoroughly familiar and willing to comply with all
priorities and store policies pertaining to the job position
including punctual and reliable attendance.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some
requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 42 pounds
carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift
moderate amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires vision abilities that include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to climb a ladder to retrieve inaccessible items for
customers located above freezer cases or from stockrooms and other
storage areas; be able to sweep and mop floors and lift or carry
out trash containers to be emptied in an outside bin.
- Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to
respond quickly to fire or other emergencies such as cleanup
requests (due to accidental spills or breakage of glass or plastic
containers having liquid contents), shoplifting and other security
assistance requests, customer accidents, etc.
- Be able to handle fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants and
flowers without negative allergic consequences that would adversely
affect job performance.
- Be able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and chemical fumes
from common household cleaning agents such as ammonia during
routine housekeeping duties.
- The work environment includes occasional exposure to
refrigerated frozen food storage areas with temperatures as low as
20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- The work environment includes occasional exposure near heated
ovens and high temperatures.
- The employee may occasionally be required to accompany or
escort refrigeration repair personnel to machine and compressor
rooms which can have extremely high noise levels; however,
typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban
the Box Law).
Keywords: Northgate Gonzalez, Buena Park , Courtesy Clerk - Store # 14 PT, Hospitality & Tourism , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!