Director of Nursing ICU
Company: Northridge Hospital Medical Center
Posted on: April 24, 2019
Founded in 1955, Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital Medical
Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital
located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full
complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer
Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for
Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the
only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a
leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable
patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health,
one of the nation's five largest health care systems. We are part
of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees
and more than 400 care centers. Visit
dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Directs the provision of nursing care in a business unit while
maintaining standards of patient care.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the overall quality of care provided by the
nursing personnel. Advises medical staff, department heads, and
administrators in matters related to nursing service and
- Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff
and community groups.
- Monitors the operations of the nursing staff and ensures
compliance with regulations on organizational and governmental
standards and practices. Schedules staff and conducts employee
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
icu, intensive care unit, cardiac, cardiac intensive care, pcu,
dou, cardiovascular, ccu, critical care, ccrn, ccn, sicu, micu,
nursing director, director of nursing, director of icu, icu
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (e.g. BSN) or equivalent education
and experience and Master's degree in nursing or other-related
field (e.g., MSN/MBA/MHA).
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and two (2)
years of leadership experience.
- The ideal candidate will have leadership experience of Critical
Care departments for a Trauma Hospital. Licensure:
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic
Life Support (BLS), other credentials or modules may be
Keywords: Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Buena Park , Director of Nursing ICU, Healthcare , Northridge, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!