Location: Buena Park
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Do you inspire to make a difference every single day?When the
work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of
others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This
shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through
Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved
our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence.
From working with a team of excellent healthcare professionals to
using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything needed to
do something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us and
discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's
Best Hospitals.As a Registered Nurse Per Diem for the Preoperative
(PreOp) and Post Anesthesia Care (PACU) Units:
- You provide and document direct and indirect patient care
services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and
protection of patients.
- You provide patient education on disease prevention and
- You provide administration of medications and therapeutic
agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- You perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- You observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions
to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general
physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal
characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when
- You plan and implement care based on observations, implementing
appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with
standardized procedures while providing care to special patient
populations and patients with divers cultural backgrounds.
- You identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability
to follow directions/instructions and give consent while
identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to
age and developmental considerations.
- You intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates
effectiveness of intervention for patients. -
- BSN preferred.License/Certification Requirements:
- California RN License required
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Pediatric and
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certifications required (PALS,
- Specialty certification (i.e. CPAN) preferred.Experience:
- Minimum 3 -years recent acute RN experience in specialty/post
anesthesia care or ICU.
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to
meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse
assigned level.Per Diem staff must consistently meet the following
work requirements. -
A minimum of 2 days per pay period is
required.Be available to work the number of hours or shifts agreed
upon with the Executive Director / Associate Director /
Supervisor.When agreed upon shifts are self-canceled, the work
commitment must be met by working another day(s) in the pay
period.Work a minimum of three (3) weekend shifts per 6 week
schedule (exception: Ambulatory / Outpatient Clinics).Per Diem
staff working 144 or more hours per time schedule will work a
minimum of four (4) weekend shifts per schedule.If Per Diem staff
fails to meet their weekend commitment, a letter of
"self-termination" by failing to meet the time commitment will be
sent.Be available to work two (2) of the six national holidays one
must include Christmas or New Year's.The holiday commitments will
include the holiday eves as the day.Be available to rotate shifts
Working Title:Registered Nurse - Per Diem - Preoperative and Post
Anesthesia Care Units - 12-Hour Days with Flexible Start Times
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Position Type:Per Diem
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Buena Park , Registered Nurse , Healthcare , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!