RN Emergency Room FT 7PM - $17 differential
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: June 21, 2022
If you are interested please apply online send your resume to
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional
Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical
practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting
to the Clinical Unit Supervisor of the Emergency Department, the
Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing,
planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality,
individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson
Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the
identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs
and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This
position requires the full understanding and active participation
in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community
Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall
support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospitals strategic plan
and the goals and direction of the quality and performance
improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem
solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to
anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive
for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle
changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters
the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing
patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the
assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research
findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical
- Demonstrates the Hospitals Patient Satisfaction effort when
interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient
relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for
patients rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient
relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts
hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment,
interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation,
and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital
documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters
physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a
variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of
control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Mangers during the patients stay and takes a
proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning
for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in
patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts
the physician promptly with significant changes in patients
condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and
follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and
documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate
ancillary nursing personnel, floats, orientees and registry staff.
Ensures that an evaluation is completed each shift for
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through
adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the
standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing perferred
- Associates in nursing required
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical nursing experience in
Emergency Department nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines
and standard of practice. RNs new to the specialty will have a
minimum of one year clinical nursing experience.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Certification in Emergency Department Nursing preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) within 90 days of
hire or notification requirement
- Completion of Emergency Nursing Department course
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Buena Park , RN Emergency Room FT 7PM - $17 differential, Healthcare , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!