Microbiology Laboratory Associate, Food
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Microbiology Laboratory Associate, Food, Buena Park, CA
Position Type: Temp-to-Hire
Pay Rate: $16.50-17.00/hr (depending on experience)
The Microbiology Laboratory Associate conducts microbiology testing
on raw materials, in process materials and finished products.
- In a timely manner performs microbiology testing while
maintaining a high-level quality of service. Performs preliminary
- Perform, monitor and report analytical testing in areas of the
- Accurately reports results based on the analysis.
- Actively participates in Quality Control testing on proficiency
and any other check samples deemed appropriate by the Microbiology
- Aseptically performs microbiology sampling, plating, and
testing of samples daily.
- Conducts microbiological qualitative or quantitative analyses
by meticulously following all SOPs and laboratory methods.
- Daily, check and record temperature of all refrigerators,
freezers, and water baths in the Microbiology department.
- Daily, verify and record calibration of the top load balance
used to weigh samples.
- Maintain proper record keeping for media preparation, the
- Demonstrates proficiency in all microbiological tests that are
assigned to a Laboratory Associate.
- This includes submitting accurate and timely results based on
- Stay up-to-date on new regulations and current events regarding
- Identifies and communicates results that require further
discussion with Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining quality system records to comply with
all accrediting agencies.
- Perform regular maintenance of laboratory equipment and
instruments by inspecting, calibrating, cleaning, or
- Learns new techniques and technologies as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects as assigned by the Department
- Provides technical support or assistance within the
Microbiology Department and works effectively with other
- Maintains a clean and sterilized laboratory environment.
- BS degree, preferably in Biology/Microbiology or related
- Good conceptual basis in biology with proven ability to perform
basic microbiology techniques.
- 2 years laboratory experience.
- Critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to use your time,
energy, resources, etc. in an effective manner. Strong relevant
qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Time management one's own time and the time of others.
- Training teaching and guiding others how to complete a process
from beginning to end.
- Good communication skills speaking, reading, writing and
- Basic computer skills with some LIMs experience.
- Manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Grace at
714-971-0721 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.orgWhy
Kelly--?Kelly-- Science is your connection to premier scientific
and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like
you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that
fit their skills and interestsits the way we think job searching
should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a
professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or
two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About
Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising
job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential.
In fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Buena Park , Microbiology Laboratory Associate, Food, Healthcare , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!