Business Development Director
Company: IDC Logistics, Inc.
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Summary Identifies business opportunities, develops
strategies to acquire clients, provides direction and Business
Development guidance to sales team as relates to operations.
Focuses on long-term iDC Client development as defined by revenue
goals, by performing the duties below. Job Responsibilities
- Drive revenue, market share and margin growth in line with the
business plan and leads business development initiatives that are
consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Manages the consultative pitch process from beginning to end
including development of custom presentations and proposals
- Customer engagement at the senior levels with key accounts to
develop strategic/integrated partnerships
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies
and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of department or locations
for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of
goals and objectives. Responsibility for daily operations as it
relates to services provided to account base and potential
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast
data to determine department or division progress toward stated
goals and objectives.
- Consults at executive level to assess achievements and required
changes resulting from current status and conditions
- Develops business forecasts, financial budgets and targets
based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Ensures that all divisional activities and operations are
carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
and laws governing business operations
- Leads people development arena in staffing, training and
- Stakeholder in marketing strategy and maintains close contact
with major business customers; participates in direct calls on new
and/or existing customers
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume
potential, rates and establishes marketing goals/campaigns to
ensure market share & profitability
- Represents company at industry meetings to promote
- Strong product/service development experience and logistics
- Possesses working knowledge of warehouse operating systems
sufficient to direct efficiency and recommend system
- Leads special projects committees/assignments. Minimum Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business
Administration is required.
- Five plus years' work experience at a warehouse or logistics
company is preferred. Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and
preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures iDC Logistics
Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion,
color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service
member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation,
genetic information or any other protected status in accordance
with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment
extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting,
transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence,
termination, and other terms and conditions of employment. This job
description is intended to set forth the core functions required
for this position and describe the general nature of the work
performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may
be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company
reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and
to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or
conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations or
the work environment changes.
Keywords: IDC Logistics, Inc., Buena Park , Business Development Director, Executive , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!