Company: Knott's Berry Farm
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Coordinates the scope, schedule, budget and quality of construction
and maintenance projects throughout the park, including structures,
utilities, amusement attractions, roads, landscape and other
projects as assigned. Plans and coordinates all aspects of the
construction/maintenance process, including hiring contractors and
working with engineers, architects and vendors. Plans, organizes
and directs installation, maintenance, and refurbishment of various
maintenance/construction projects throughout the property. Works
with the Construction Manager and Maintenance Division Managers to
coordinate all assigned projects.
How You'll Make A Difference:
- Creates, revises and maintains the scope and scheduling of a
project based on established parameters deadlines
utilizingMicrosoft Project and other scheduling software.
- Works with the all involved departments from the start of each
project to ensure complete understanding of the projectscope,
vision and goals.
- Negotiates bids/quotes with architects, vendors, contractors
and other trades.
- Prepares monitors and updates project estimates and budgets
throughout each project.
- Collaborates with the architect and construction crew to ensure
feasibility of each project
- Secures of permits (building, fire, health, etc.), licenses,
and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites per
project requirements to ensure timely completion.
- Oversees of each project, including details like job submittals
and plan revisions.
- Confers with supervisors or other managers to monitor
construction/maintenance progress, including worker productivity
and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Ensures that each project is completed according to schedule.
Resolves problems that arise due to inclement weather,
equipment/material shortages, emergencies and any other issues that
may cause delays.
Conducts meetings on site with architect, Maintenance staff,
Purchasing staff and construction crew.
- Completes project close out documentation.
- Reviews and processes change orders and project invoices.
- Prepares weekly payroll information and all related
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park
policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO
policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all
aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in a construction related field, such as
building science, construction management or civil engineering or
- Project Manager certification.
- 7+years' construction/project management experience on a
- 7+ years' experience in designing and building
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and
- Extensive experience managing budgets and schedules for large
- Strong working knowledge of construction materials, processes
- Experience working with a variety of regulatory agencies for
plan check and inspections.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Work, Excel and Microsoft
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park , Project Manager, Executive , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!