Director, Facilities & Compliance
Company: Knott's Berry Farm
Location: Buena Park
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Directs the Facility Maintenance functions within the Maintenance
Division. This includes direct responsibility for the Paint,
Carpentry, Landscape, Aquatics, HVAC, Plumbing, Sign Shop, and
How You'll Make A Difference:
- Provides leadership to the Paint, Carpentry, HVAC, Plumbing,
Sign Shop, and Kitchen Equipment Repair departments within the
- Ensures all Federal, State, Local, and Company Laws, Codes,
Standards, Procedures, and best practices are followed at all
times. Compiles compliance information, produces compliance
reports, requests variances and assists government officials with
on-site compliance inspections.
- Maintains the safety of guests and employees by ensuring proper
maintenance of company equipment, and enforcing safe work practices
at all times.
- Develops and accurately maintains budgets and schedules for all
assigned departmental Maintenance activities.
- Manages various maintenance projects to deliver maximum
performance and value for the company, to maximize appearance and
functions, and ensures projects are completed on time and within
- Ensures that all employees and guests are treated with respect
and dignity at all times.
- Manages employee performance utilizing all appropriate means
including training, coaching, counseling and discipline as outlined
in Knott's Berry Farm policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park
policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO
policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all
aspects of employment.
We're Looking For:
** This position requires the following education and experience,
or an equivalent combination of both:
Education Associate's Degree (2 year College or Tech School) in a
Experience More Than 10 Years Related Experience
Minimum Age At Least 21 Years of Age
More than 5 years' experience sucessfully managing a large and
diverse workforce in Facility Maintenance or a closely related
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, codes, standards, and
industry practices relating to Maintenance in Southern
- Demonstrable understanding of the basic principles of HVAC,
Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting, and General Construction.
- At least 5 years' experience with the development,
implementation and administration of both Capital and Expense
- Demonstrable computer skills, including the ability to
effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park , Director, Facilities & Compliance, Executive , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!