Location: Buena Park
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job Title: Millwork EngineerReports to: Director of
EngineeringDepartment: EngineeringFLSA Status: Hourly -
Non-ExemptMASHindustries is a turnkey custom millwork and
commercial casework manufacturer offering state-of-the-art
fabrication and professional installation. As a Millworker Project
Manager you will act as a conduit and facilitate information
between all parties - internal and external. This can be achieved
with 3 core responsibilities. Owning projects from Kickoff to Final
Billing / Audit, Plan and Coordinate Project Resources, and Deliver
Projects on Time, Within Budget and Exceeding ExpectationsPosition
Summary:Millwork Engineers must continuously assess and improve
engineering standards, and practices, and be responsible for
preventing waste and inefficiencies in production processes. The ME
will work in tandem with the Plant Manager to plan, direct and
coordinate processes and projects to improve the efficiency of
facilities, equipment, materials and personnel .Role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Cabinet Vision (or similar)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding personal organization skills
- Experience working in commercial millwork.
- Experience with Biesse, and Solidworks.
- Must be able to solve complex technical and creative problems
in a fast-paced environment.
- Must excel in collaboration with the rest of the engineering
team in order to solve problems.
- Strong working knowledge of classic and modern fabrication
materials and processes. Must endeavor to keep up to date with new
processes as they emerge.
- Strong working knowledge of industry standards.
- Resourcefulness & solution-oriented thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage and assign priorities to multiple
- Understanding of advanced machine operations and distinguishing
proper tooling to assign for each machining action.
- Work directly with engineering personnel on issues and
manufacturing concerns, ensuring continuous product and process
- Improving existing operations and recommending new methods and
- Investigating operational problems affecting production and
dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
- Compiles and analyzes manufacturing data for prototypes, test
runs, and production runs and produces information indicating the
effectiveness of product designs
- Identifying ways to reduce production costs.
- Working with Designers and other departments to produce cost
estimates for new designs.
- Provide guidance and assign engineering, and machining
personnel in the proper daily maintenance of all production
equipment and machinery.
- Produce Shop Drawings, Cut Lists, CNC Programs and
Optimizations as required to release information to
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related
costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and potential.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other
considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Communicate daily with production team to collaborate on
project feedback, strategy and planning (i.e. quality control,
inventory, labor scheduling, machine maintenance, efficient
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials
- Help production and support functions to increase
- Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to solve production problems,
improving product quality and reducing cost
- Perform all tasks asked by supervisorsPhysical Demands and Work
Environment: -The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Frequent hours of sitting
- Occasional Domestic TravelThe preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees
assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right
to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different
positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified
employees can perform the essential functions of the jobJob Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- Buena Park, CA 90621: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Millwork: 1 year (Preferred)
Keywords: MASHindustries, Buena Park , Millwork Engineer, Engineering , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!