Company: DaVita Medical Group
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: November 17, 2019
OVERVIEW:Responsible for greeting patients, answering phones,
processing a variety of paperwork, processing check-in/check-out,
collecting co-pays and payments, and performing other various front
office duties in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, clinical
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate HealthCare Partners (HCP) commitment to superior
customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and
every internal and external customer.
- Verifies walk-in patients name, demographics, insurance and
primary care provider.
- Explains and asks patient to complete appropriate forms.
- Directs patient to appropriate department as indicated by the
- Interacts with central departments as needed.
- Verifies all insurance eligibility.
- Recognizes outstanding balances and refers them to appropriate
staff for follow-up.
- Collects co-pays and payments as required.
- Collects co-pays and payments for all services, prints out
receipts and balances cash drawer daily according to cash control
- Contacts appropriate department for missing fisc prior to
- Demonstrates knowledge of contracted insurance plans and
procedures; knows which plans require referrals and/or prior
- Notifies providers assistant of any no-shows or cancellations
- Handles multiple telephone lines.
- Follows all procedures contained in the financial policy.
- Makes follow-up appointments, provides departing patients an
appointment card with appropriate information, repeats to the
patient the date and time of next appointment, providers name and
location of appointment.
- Calls patients with next day appointments to confirm time and
place. Reschedules and cancels appointments as necessary.
- Monitors the lobby area for patients or visitors who may have
medical difficulties. Assists and communicates with the assistant
or provider any patient issues.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and communicates with
provider or assistant accordingly. Notifies management or complete
customer communication form as appropriate.
- Maintains customer service level consistent with HCPs vision by
providing courteous and friendly demeanor when dealing with the
public and co-workers.
- Prints patient labels, provider schedules and snapshots as
- Uses sign-in sheet according to site policy.
- Takes complete, accurate and neat phone messages. Documents all
telephone calls on appropriate form as defined by site including
date, time, patients name, date of birth, phone numbers and
detailed reason for the call. Retrieves medical record number from
- Assists Medical Assistant and/or provider with returning
patients non-medical calls as indicated by departmental
- Collects and accounts for all encounter forms. Checks forms for
diagnosis and CPT codes. Batches and forwards to appropriate
- Contacts bumped patients immediately by phone and reschedules
their appointments as appropriate.
- Answers MA/RN phone according to site policy when needed.
- Informs MA/RN of late arrivals and accommodates patients as
- Distributes and processes Workers Compensation forms according
to site policy.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Includes special
certification required for specific jobs.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.EXPERIENCE: Minimum:
- Up to and including 1 year of experience.
- Experience working with the public. Preferred:
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Experience in medical reception and customer service.KNOWLEDGE,
- Computer literate.
- Ability to type 25 wpm.
- Working knowledge of general office duties.
- Working knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone skills.What's the first thing that happens when
one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes
together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With
DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic,
Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan
Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family
of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of
challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health
care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality
care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That
takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to
contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do
your life's best work.(SM)Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea.
We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make
the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how
we use the world's large accumulation of health - related
information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage
pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond
the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of
the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some
of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care
has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that
means working on high performance teams against sophisticated
challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's
best work.(SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare
and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: DaVita Medical Group, Buena Park , Medical Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!