Location: Buena Park
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Title: - Project AccountantReports to: Accounting
ManagerDepartment: Accounting -FLSA Status: Salary - ExemptPosition
Summary:The Project Accountant is responsible for accounting for
projects, identifying and monitoring project revenue/cost variance
and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and
payments collected. -The Project Accountant interprets accounting
data and analyzes reports in accordance with GAAP (Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles). -Role Qualifications: -
- MUST be a highly organized individual that pays strong
attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight schedules. -
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite and Google system.
- Adaptable / Flexible approach with a can-do attitude. -
- Demonstrated ability to work at high levels of productivity and
- Customer focused attitude and skills to resolve inquiries
quickly and effectively.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Strong negotiating skills with difficult inquiries.
- Demonstrated initiative to complete assignments and obtain
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of computer equipment, system applications and vendor
- Demonstrates innovative spirit to actively seek out new
opportunities to improve processes and retain our competitive
- Proactive, flexible, and enthusiastic with the ability to work
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, equivalent major or equivalent
- Advanced analytical skills
- Contacts other departments and outside vendors, suppliers and
clients to resolve cross functional pending items.
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines as outlined in
company policies and best practices
- Participates in internal and external auditPosition
- Enters new jobs and budgets into ERP
- Enters all new vendors into ERP
- Assists Project Managers in job oversight and supervision and
site visits to inspect product -
- Assist Project Managers in keeping up with budget costs for
jobs, maintaining timelines of completion of jobs and following up
on punch list items and communicating with vendors - to ensure
- Analyze job profitability reports for accuracy and share
findings for areas of improvement.
- Create job folders and track and log all change orders -
- Reviews contract documents and understands the scope of work
- Executes take-off of all construction documents including
prequalification documents, city licenses, and new project
- Solid planning & organizational skills: time-management,
prioritization & attention to detail.
- Prepares cost analysis by recapitulating materials, labor,
equipment, subcontractors and overhead costs incurred in the
installation of items -
- Develops and maintains resource information on products and,
vendors, subcontractors, and government requirements -
- Willingness to work 3-8 days per month on late shifts
- Maintains projects in ERP - according to the company policies
- Reviews contract terms and associated information to ensure
project setup generates appropriate results
- Issues and reviews client invoices to ensure they are in
accordance with the contract terms
- Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Work in
Progress and Billing In Excess account
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and
accuracy of project data, revenue and cost budgets/forecasts
- Provides month-end reporting on project performance including
gross margin variances via job profitability report
- Overhead expense bill entry, payment and vendor management
- Daily bank reconciliations and reporting
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations including but not
limited to Bank, Prepaid Expenses, Loans, Account Receivables, -
Bad Debt Allowance, Inventory, Accounts Payable, AMEX, Employee
- Conducts ad hoc reporting, as neededPhysical Demands and Work
Environment: -The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Frequent hours of sitting -
Keywords: MASHindustries, Buena Park , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Buena Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!